© 2015 by NFSN. All rights reserved.

Website Designed by Anna Leeds Web Design

Search

Newcastle Hotel; 7th March 2018

Four fire appliances from Newcastle, Byker and Gateshead Fire Stations attended a fire in the basement laundry room of the 11 storey Sandman Signature Hotel in Newcastle upon Tyne at 20:38 hours on Wednesday 7th March 2018. On arrival, Fire-fighters discovered a laundry dryer on fire in the basement of the hotel which had automatically activated the buildings sprinkler system. A single sprinkler head had suppressed the fire and prevented further fire and smoke spreading through the building and its contents. This was the fourth sprinkler activation at a non-domestic premise in Tyne and Wear in the previous 12 months. John Baines, Assistant Chief Fire Officer said: “Our first appliance arrive

Coventry retail store ; 1st and 3rd March 2018

Sprinklers foil arson attacks at Sainsbury’s store in Coventry on 1st and 3rd March 2018 At the beginning of March 2018 there were a series of malicious fires at the Sainsbury’s Canley retail store in Coventry which were widely reported in the media. The building is a 100m x 100m portal framed of steel construction The first fire took place at about 10:55 am on Thursday 1st March and involved a rail of clothing within the store. The store was safely evacuated of the 200+ persons inside and fire service crews extinguished the fire. Information received from attending Fire Service personnel has confirmed that one sprinkler head on the stores sprinkler system operated to contain the fire, limi

London Flat: 16th February 2018

Domestic sprinkler system saves flat from kitchen blaze.............16 February 2018 Sprinklers suppressed a Poplar flat fire after the occupants left a chip pan unattended on the hob. Firefighters were called to the fire in a fifteenth floor flat on City Island Way in Poplar last night. When the crews arrived they found that the sprinkler system in the kitchen had activated and quickly put the out fire. Neil Guyett, senior fire safety officer at the London Fire Brigade, said: “The sprinkler system did its job and suppressed the fire before it could damage the flat and potentially injure the residents. “We believe a chip pan was left unattended and caught alight. We want to remind people to

Sheffield house sprinkler save: 28th January 2018

Firefighters were called to a property in Gleadless Valley Sheffield in the early hours of 28th January, when the crews arrived to find the front door, window and porch alight, fortunately no one was in the property at the time, but 2 dogs & 2 cats were found within. The pets were thankfully unharmed as sprinklers in the living room activated and prevented the flames from spreading to the rest of the flat. The fire was the result of a Suspected arson attack and Minimum fire fighting was required Sprinklers save pets as well as people