Ossett felt works 22nd January

At about 19:15 hours on Thursday 22nd January there was a successful sprinkler activation at a felt works in Ossett, West Yorkshire following a fire involving the felt making process. Initially, 4 x 141˚C heads on the alternate, pump fed system operated and staff also used hose-reels to douse the fire. During removal from the machine of the smouldering baled material, the heat then activated two 68˚C heads. The 5 members of staff then continued to wet the material until extinguished. The whole sprinkler system was reinstated by 23:00hours.

Glasgow shopping centre sprinkler save

At about 22:00 on Saturday 3rd January a fire occurred in a first floor toilet area at the Springburn shopping centre in Glasgow. It is reported that the fire had started following someone discarding smoking materials in a waste bin within the toilet area. Two pumping appliances were mobilised but there was no need for any firefighting action as the fire was extinguished by the centres sprinkler system. Fire damage was confined to 2m² within the room of origin by the activation of a single sprinkler head. Thanks to Scottish Fire and Rescue Service for this information

Featured Posts
Recent Posts
Archive
Search By Tags
No tags yet.
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square

© 2015 by NFSN. All rights reserved.

Website Designed by Anna Leeds Web Design