Leominster plastics factory: 15th February 2016

Leominster plastics factory sprinkler activation: 15th February 2016 Firefighters were mobilised to a factory fire at BPI Films off the Worcester Road, Leominster at 22:15 hours on Tuesday 15th February following reports of a machine fire. Group Commander for Hereford and Worcester Fire and Rescue Service, Richie Jordan, said that four crews were called after reports of a fire in a plastic extruding machine which had spread to some of the ducting contained around the machine. On-site staff used extinguishers to hold the fire back initially while a sprinkler system kept flames under control until crews arrived. Fire-fighters used breathing apparatus and hose-reel jets to tackle the fire and

Sheffield mobility scooter fire : 9th January 2016

Newly installed Fire Safety System saves Sheffield resident : 9th January 2016 A recently installed fire sprinkler system, at a Derby street address in Gleadless, Sheffield, activated following a mobility scooter fire, allowing the elderly resident to escape without serious injury. The mobility scooter, parked outside the front of the top floor property, burst into flames shortly before 6:00am due to an electrical fault. The resulting fire then spread to the front of the building causing the front windows to break and allow the fire to spread inside the building. The fire sprinkler system activated, extinguishing the fire and limiting damage to the front of the dwelling, when fire crews arr

Shotton paper mill drencher save: 30th January 2016

Shotton Paper Mill drencher system activation 30th January 2016 At 22;30 hours on Saturday 30th January, North Wales Fire and rescue service received a call to a report of fire at a 8000m² paper mill in Shotton, Deeside. The fire is understood to have started with some paper became trapped and overheated and this caused fire spread to a rubber conveyor in the production area. Some of the 30 staff in the building at the time used extinguishers but then the ( tank and pump fed) drencher system activated to extinguish the fire which was reported as 'Out on Arrival' by attending fire crews. There are no reports of anyone being injured though damage is reported to have been 20m² (2% ) and a cos

Wallsend house fire: sprinklers do the job

Two residents from Wallsend are safe and still have a home thanks to their new domestic sprinkler system. Tyne and Wear Fire and Rescue Service received a call just before 7pm on Saturday 23 January about a fire at a bungalow on Barr Close in Battle Hill. It is believed that the fire started in the kitchen when a visiting carer accidently left a bag on the hob. The front door glass panels blew out when an aerosol and a bottle of perfume exploded in the intense heat. Fortunately, the resident was not at home at the time. When the fire broke out, the detector head closest to the fire activated spraying a fine mist into the kitchen which cooled the smoke and quickly suppressed the fire.

Featured Posts
Recent Posts
Archive
Search By Tags
No tags yet.
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square

© 2015 by NFSN. All rights reserved.

Website Designed by Anna Leeds Web Design