• NFSN Secretary

Sprinkler activation at Ayr flat fire: 25th September 2017

At just before midnight on Monday 25th September, Scottish Fire and Rescue Service attended a living room fire at a 13 storey block of flats at Riverside Place, Ayr

4 breathing apparatus wearers were committed to the fifth floor flat and on arrival they found that the fire, which was in some bedding on the living room sofa, had been extinguished by the sprinkler system.

It was initially reported that 4 heads had activated and but subsequent confirmation reveals that only one head in the room of origin of the fire actually operated.


Recent Posts

See All

Sprinkler Save Southampton

Neville Tomblin MIFSM, FSIDip Programme Manager - Fire Safety at Southampton City Council 1mo · Edited Another High-rise kitchen fire and another endorsement for sprinklers. A fire broke out in the k

© 2015 by NFSN. All rights reserved.

Website Designed by Anna Leeds Web Design