© 2015 by NFSN. All rights reserved.

Website Designed by Anna Leeds Web Design

November 14, 2019

Please reload

Recent Posts

Oxfordshire County Council fire appliances from Wallingford, Abingdon and Oxford fire stations were called to a kitchen fire in a second floor flat wi...

Domestic Sprinkler System saves property: 10:20hrs on Tuesday 3rd April, Great Western Park, Didcot

June 20, 2018

Please reload

Featured Posts

Sprinkler save at Birmingham Hippodrome

October 10, 2014

At 06:21 hours on Saturday 11th October, two fire appliances from Highgate Fire Station in Birmingham were mobilised to a report of fire at the Birmingham Hippodrome Theatre, Hurst Street in the city centre.
The theatre is fitted with automatic fire suppression and the sprinklers quickly extinguished the fire, which started in a faulty electrical advertising hoarding on a mezzanine floor inside the theatre. 

Following clean-up operations by fire-fighters and staff, the theatre opened as usual so that the two performances of the Royal Ballet, as programmed for that day, could go ahead as scheduled.
One local press report said that; ‘Smoke from the blaze, which broke out on the mezzanine floor, activated the theatre’s sprinklers.’


NOTE: Readers should be aware that sprinklers only activate from HEAT from a real fire and that they do not activate by smoke! As such spurious activations are extremely rare.
Dave Clark, from Highgate Fire Station, said: “The fire was caused by an electrical advertising hoarding which had a fault. It caused the sprinklers to activate which stopped the fire. There was some water throughout the theatre but they were open as normal last night.”
The theatre said on Twitter that there had been ‘minimal damage’ caused by the fire and both the matinee and evening performances went ahead as normal.

Please reload

Follow Us

I'm busy working on my blog posts. Watch this space!

Please reload

Search By Tags