Glasgow shopping centre sprinkler save

At about 22:00 on Saturday 3rd January a fire occurred in a first floor toilet area at the Springburn shopping centre in Glasgow. It is reported that the fire had started following someone discarding smoking materials in a waste bin within the toilet area.

Two pumping appliances were mobilised but there was no need for any firefighting action as the fire was extinguished by the centres sprinkler system. Fire damage was confined to 2m² within the room of origin by the activation of a single sprinkler head.

Thanks to Scottish Fire and Rescue Service for this information

Featured Posts
Recent Posts
Follow Us
No tags yet.
Search By Tags
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square