Chelmsford flat sprinkler activation 27/3/16

Sprinklers douse chip pan fire in Chelmsford Tower block: 27th March 2016

At around 22:40 hours on Sunday 27th March 2016 a kitchen fire occurred at a 14 storey tower block in Chelmsford, Essex. The fire involved cooking oil within a chip pan which had ignited.

The 81 flat block is one of a number within Essex that have been fitted with residential sprinklers and, once the pan ignited, one sidewall sprinkler head activated within the kitchen and completely extinguished the fire. The sprinkler system is fed by pump from a storage tank within the building.

Fire damage is reported to have been confined to the room itself (5m²) and no injuries are reported to have occurred.

Featured Posts
Recent Posts
Follow Us
No tags yet.
Search By Tags
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square