© 2015 by NFSN. All rights reserved.

Website Designed by Anna Leeds Web Design

November 14, 2019

Please reload

Recent Posts

Oxfordshire County Council fire appliances from Wallingford, Abingdon and Oxford fire stations were called to a kitchen fire in a second floor flat wi...

Domestic Sprinkler System saves property: 10:20hrs on Tuesday 3rd April, Great Western Park, Didcot

June 20, 2018

1/8
Please reload

Featured Posts

2 London personal protection system activations

January 26, 2016

Cheam flat fire: Firefighters emphasised the importance of sprinkler systems in care homes

 

An elderly man had a lucky escape from a fire caused by a cigarette in his flat thanks to a 'sprinkler system'. (later identified as a Personal Protection System .....PPS)

 

Sutton fire-fighters were called to a fire at the residential care home in Mickleham Gardens in Cheam on Saturday night.(21st November)

 

Luckily the man had already escaped the flat and his PPS had put out most of the flames. He was treated for shock on the scene and taken to hospital as a precaution.

 

"People living in sheltered accommodation and extra care facilities are often very vulnerable to fire.

They may have limited mobility or a disability which makes it difficult for them to notice a fire and react quickly. If it wasn’t for the flat’s persoanl protection system this fire could have had a very different outcome."

 

It appears the careless disposal of cigarettes was the cause of the fire..........and

 

..........on the 25th November 2015 the London Borough of Sutton recorded a PPS activation when one of their residents dropped cigarette and set alight to the carpet. The PPS extinguished fire.

 

Please reload

Follow Us

I'm busy working on my blog posts. Watch this space!

Please reload

Search By Tags