Scunthorpe factory : February 2nd 2017
Machine fire at Scunthorpe factory 'believed to be accidental ignition.
THE fire service said a machine blaze at a Scunthorpe factory was believed to be caused by "accidental ignition".
The incident happened at the International Automotive Components factory unit on Park Farm Road on the Foxhills Industrial Estate and five crews responded shortly before 10.55pm on Thursday, February 2, 2017
Humberside Fire and Rescue Service said the fire involved a plastic moulding machine inside a building 150 meters by 300 meters.
A spokesman for the fire service said: "We were called at 10:54 pm last night (Thursday February 2) and were on the scene at 11.01pm. "Three engines were sent from Scunthorpe, one from Winterton and one from Epworth.
"This was a fire involving plastic moulding machines inside a building approximately 150 by 300 metres.There were two hose reels and four fire fighters with breathing apparatus and a thermal imagining camera to identify the source of the fire. At this stage, it is most likely a case of an accidental ignition. The sprinkler system did activate which is great. We encourage all industries to have a sprinkler system to confine the fire to its source."
The fire service left the scene between midnight and 1am on Friday, February 3.