Chippenham plastics factory: 16th March 2017

Sprinkler Save in Chippenham

At 01:36 on Thursday 16th March 2017, Dorset & Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service received a call to a commercial unit storing plastics, in Chippenham Wiltshire. A fire had occurred in a first floor mezzanine level of a building measuring 50x100 metres. Appliances from Chippenham and Corsham attended and found that the fire involved a cage of portable scanners awaiting recycling.

One sprinkler head activated which extinguished most of the fire. One BA crew with hosereel jet was required to extinguish a remaining small fire. Fire damage was limited to one storage stillage of 1.2x 1.2metres and the fire was extinguished and area ventilated with 30 minutes of arrival.

Cause of fire is believed to be defective batteries within one of the portable scanners. The building was able to return to normal operations the following day.

Featured Posts
Recent Posts
Follow Us
No tags yet.
Search By Tags
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square