© 2015 by NFSN. All rights reserved.

Website Designed by Anna Leeds Web Design

November 14, 2019

Please reload

Recent Posts

Oxfordshire County Council fire appliances from Wallingford, Abingdon and Oxford fire stations were called to a kitchen fire in a second floor flat wi...

Domestic Sprinkler System saves property: 10:20hrs on Tuesday 3rd April, Great Western Park, Didcot

June 20, 2018

1/8
Please reload

Featured Posts

Halifax joinery company: 8th November 2017

January 24, 2018

A woodworking company hopes to be back in full production by the end of this month, following a fire at its headquarters on Monday.

 

It comes as Drew Forsyth & Co, which manufactures and sends its luxury handmade kitchens and bathrooms across the UK and internationally, is coming to the close of its best year on record.

And managers have praised efforts by the company’s close-knit staff which have minimised disruption to production since the fire.

 

Sensors in the extraction room triggered the fire alarm around 10.25am on Monday morning, November 6, just after morning break, only ten minutes after two team members had completed one of the two daily bag swaps at the unit, at which time nothing untoward was noticed.

 

Business manager George Forsyth said it is believed the fire may have potentially started when extraction was turned back on at 10.20am when the task had been completed. All employees were safely evacuated from the site into the nearby car park where they watched smoke bellowing out from the building, fearing the worst until the fire engines arrived.

 

Mr Forsyth said although there had been damage to the building, luckily no stock or assembled furniture was affected by the fire. The fire doors and sprinkler systems that were in place worked perfectly to contain the fire to the affected part of the building.

 

Crews from Mytholmroyd, Halifax, Illingworth, Todmorden and Rastrick were sent to the scene. Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used two hose reels and a large jet to put out the flames, before the smoke was cleared by high powered fans.

 

The fire caused more than £10,000 worth of damage with the full cost of repair yet to be calculated.

 

Please reload

Follow Us

I'm busy working on my blog posts. Watch this space!

Please reload

Search By Tags